I dig Strength-Endurance workouts, like Rope, Pullups and high rep Snatches to feel healthy, have a sweat & work capacity. I need to be outside too. Is actually playing for me :D.
But acceptable Max Strength is very important, I need Deads, Squats, Cleans, Presses, Rows, Weighted Pullups and Dips .
But always "selling out" gets me litterally sick of overtraining.
So, I favour naturally cycled workouts like Art De Vany does (power law variation): Intermittant, brief, intense workouts (10') combined with longer athletic bouts (30 to 45'). E.g. 35' of high rep snatches, day after 4' Tabata Squats and 4' of Pullups & Dips. That's why I think Crossfit is good. "There were bursts of high intensity, involved in all fight or flight responses as well as the activities of the hunt, but there was variation in metabolic load, with abundant leisure and intermediate loads of all kinds."
I need a day off once in a while. And full rest 4, 5 days every 6 - 8 weeks to make full recovery a certainty ("You'll never reach your full potential!").
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten