zondag, oktober 09, 2005

Volley

18. [Attack] Hitting was good, both middle and corner. Smashed opponent to shreds ... . "Going for the point" ... like Geert says.
19. [Attack] Why attack yesterday was less effective and without sufficient confidence? ... I think because I was too eager to hit very hard ... You CAN hit a smash bloody hard e.g. opportunity without block ... but not all the time. Certainly as an opposite, you need to hit smart too. Richard Schuil, opposite from the Dutch national team, gets all kinds of balls but hits them consistently and hard to the back line (Jan). Another option is see the block and hit side out (Erik).
20. [Attack] It cannot be denied that the set up yesterday was faster, different. Therefore, I need to approach faster too. Not yet accustomned to that yet.
21. [Attack] When hitting on corner, it's a good tip to hit ON TOP OF the block (Erik).

After yesterday's mess, it was a pleasure to win convincingly today :D.

Geen opmerkingen: