donderdag, december 01, 2005

Inspiration-6: Josh Everett

Josh Everett: 5'9" 185lbs 5% body fat.

nutrition: my basic day:
5:30 am whole grain bowl of cereal with a scoop of protien powder on top. Multi-vitamin pack & some fish oil tablets.
9:30am protien bar post workout: small bar or some milk 1pm protien shake & some walnuts & fish oil
4:30 protien shake
7:30 large dinner mainly lots of meat 10-15 blocks worth, some salad, some nuts weekends a little less scheduled, less bars & shakes, more PB & J and more meat. ussually some ice cream on the weekend. I'm pretty close to 40/30/30 overall but never in the zone. but I figured the anger i felt from only eating 5 blocks of meat was worse for my health than the benifits of the zone.

workouts are tougher to describe:
currently I'm doing about half of the workout posted on mikesgym.com (just sticking to the sn & clean & jerk portions) followed by the WOD. I do this monday thru thursday & sat. If the wod is a rest day I do all of burgeners workout + agility and sprint work.

if you go to dragondoor.com i wrote an article on "how i trained for the tactical strength challange" this describes what my workout were like pre-crossfit and when i was not serious about oly-lifting.

there really is no magic formula in my workouts. I'm not very physically gifted. The simple truth is I work my a** off at an intensity most guys can keep up for only a week or a month. I've been working out like this for 16 or so years.

Geen opmerkingen: