maandag, april 23, 2007

*** Objectives ***

Off-season!

In april, I already started with getting used to Barbells again and doing more 400 meter Sprints.

In may, I want to start crossfit again with a focus on strength/barbell lifts (E.g. Alternating Barbell C&P with Kettlebell C&P in 2004). I like to have one week of swimming.

My short-term objectives:
By end July 2007, I want to be able to:

1) Clean & Press 60 kg
2) 20 Pullups and do "Cindy" as R'x for >10 rounds
3) Run 400 meter in 1:10


“Focus on 2-3 lifts. That many enable ‘all-aroundness’ and focus.
I need specialization to get strong and variety to keep me sane.
Obsessing with goals is like driving too fast –and getting killed
.” Rob Lawrence

"Volume with low reps, no more reliable method of getting stronger", Pavel


Meaurement:
C&P max (kg), Pullup max (reps), 400 meter (time)
April: 40 / 1:18 (350 meter)
May: 42,5 / 1:12 (350 meter)
June:
July:

"I know where my progress towards my goals stand because I measure it. (...) We track the results. (...) We know exactly how effective the plan is, and whether the return we are seeing is worth the investment", Alwyn Cosgrove, 30/4


Workout idea's:
Crossfit first to have a general base, then more specific Deadlift work a month a year because very tiring (David).
Chin/dip couplet (Maxwell),
Squat/stair sprints couplet (Putski)
15 reps EDT (David)


"Weight training that builds lean body mass when done in a manner that induces a negative energy balance is the superior way to lose fat and improve body composition.", Arthur De Vany

"Very lean, very fast through heavy compound lifting, interval training, and an intelligent diet", Josh Hillis

"Leanest world class athletes in the world were 400 meter runners followed by long and triple jumpers", Franz Snideman

"Ultimately, it matters little what one does... as long as you are doing something. (...) Power to the People is one of the best. It is one of the less complicated programs and has worked well for many. (...) Just have fun with what ever you are doing. (...) One proviso, don't try and do to many things at once or your body will not improve. (...) Short duration sprint type protocols of about 15 to 20 minutes seem to work well for most people. (...) For most sports, short, fast and hard spinting style or interval style work well without compromising strength and muscular gains.Once again, try to do to much and the body will shut down. Rest is the key to allowing the body to recover and increase performance", Steve Maxwell

Geen opmerkingen: