vrijdag, september 02, 2005

Weightlifting

3 Squat cleans & 2 Jerks, 8 sets
Pressouts
Back Squat 5 4 3 2 1

Around 55 minutes

C&J 30, 34, 40, 40, 40, 44, 44 and 50 kg. I like Squat Cleans. Smooth and athletic: under bar and straight up.
Last three sets I did 8 pressouts, are important!
BSQ 50kg, 5 and 5 reps. Extending calves. Smooth and fast.
Crossfit warmup, incl. PU ladder & 400 m run. Ended with empty barbell lunges and jump squats.

Experience-1: C&J two days before volleyball make me feel powerfull in jumping, hitting and stable in the defense. I feel due to the many squats and the increasingly heavier weight.
Experience-2: Key is the slow weight increase, to warmup legs.

PS. Recently inspired by Dimas working out.

Aftermath-1: Legs not optimally recovered at beach. Volley proves again to be excellent recovery.
Aftermath-2: In hindsight, this might be close to my max volume.
* Next time half volume before volley. Like crossfit, 15 reps.
* Better warmup seems some sprints e.g. 3 x 200 meters.
* I prefer deadlifts over squats. Maybe bw squats.

Geen opmerkingen: