zaterdag, december 30, 2006

Big 3 and Sprints

Chins 5, 5, 5 and 5 Rows
Dips 5, 5, 5 and 5 Pushups (elbows close to lats)
Box Pistols 5, 5, 5, 5 (no rocking, right was easy touch 'n go)

Sprint 300 meter, jog 2'/0:58, 0:51 (2nd sprint much better)

Observations: - I get better neuroendocrine response from cals and running if 1) I do them mixed in a time Crossfit format (summer 2005 & Paris 2005) and 2) when I mix them with Kettlebells.

- Did no kettlebells during 1,5 months. Really feel that in the grip and back strength. And my core is much less firm, more difficult for fat loss I feel. Also "lies" was sensitive and swings strengthen that area. Seem to carry a bit more mass when KBing. Elbows and knees slightly more sensitive when playing volley. Also, add double KB/Barbell for power/strenght every 15 days are so when focus on sprints and calls.

- Feel I could recover better from alternating an A and a B workout. Also, 3 days on, 1 days off feels better.

- Although the pistols where my squat of choice, I feel it is usefull to also do regular bw squats in combination with the sprints. They grease my knees, feel therapeutic.

"Your body is a barbell", Alwyn Cosgrove

"Athletic conditioning success: Bodyweight before external resistance", Alwyn Cosgrove

"Dips alternated with chins for 20 minutes is one of my favorite. I get pretty cut up and muscular from this simple, but effective workout. I follow that up with pistols", Steve Maxwell

Geen opmerkingen: